If you want to be entertained, watch the video of my girls and me making homemade chocolate protein ice cream here: Part 1 Part 2
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- I just use 3 cups of goat milk because it’s creamy enough for our liking
- 1-1/2 scoops of your favorite flavor of protein powder (2 scoops was a bit much for this recipe)
- 1 t vanilla
- optional* 1 cup fruit you may want to add to mix things up!
- Add ingredients (except fruit) together and blend until smooth.
- Add any fruit you may like and pulse your blender until fruit is chunky but not liquefied (the extra liquid will throw off the proportions of the other ingredients and could make your ice cream watery)
- Pour into an instant ice cream maker like mine or use an “old fashioned” homemade ice cream maker.
I hope you will indulge in a little guilt free ice cream and let me know how you like it! Please share with your friends if this recipe got a ‘thumps up’ from you. Share what you did differently that you liked more/less.
My girls asked for a treat tonight and I had a sweet potato in the fridge and thought….well let’s find a recipe for sweet potato brownies! I made sweet potato brownies once before, a few years ago, but lost the recipe. After searching good old google and not finding any recipes that looked good or that I had all the ingredients for, I just made my own recipe…and… it turned out AWESOME! I was too excited to not share it right away.
A few weeks ago I was at Happy Sumo for sushi and decided to try out their “lava” cake for dessert. There wasn’t so much “lava” in it but it was moist and dense and delicious. My sweet potato brownies had the EXACT same consistency + a bit more lava. I have some friends who are always looking for desserts that are healthy but also tasty enough that their non-healthy friends will eat them. This recipe checks both boxes! Throw some vanilla protein goat milk ice cream on top and you’re golden! (I’ll share my goat milk protein ice cream recipe soon).
If you need a chocolate fix this recipe will do the trick! PLUS you can feel good about knowing you’re using wholesome ingredients + free of gluten and refined sugar. Try it out yourself or tweak the recipe like I did and tell me what you think! I plan to use applesauce instead of butter next time to see how it turns out and maybe even add a bit of protein powder too…hmm…
- 1 cup baked sweet potato (bake 1 large potato at 400 degrees until its super soft)…now that I think of it, you could probably use pumpkin instead of sweet potato too… now my wheels are turning! ha
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter melted (sub 1/2 cup coconut oil or other “fat” and see how you like it!)
- 1/3 c cocoa
- 1/4 c honey (you could sub agave or pure maple syrup)
- 3/4 c oat flower (I just put whole oats in my Vitamix and blend until flour-like)…try other flour substitutes and tell me what you like best!
- pinch of salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 c dark-no sugar added chocolate chips
- Pre-cook your sweet potato @ 400 degrees. Then turn oven temp to 350 degrees to prepare to cook brownies. Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Combine wet ingredients and mix on low speed until smooth
- Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated
- Add chocolate chips and stir in
- Pour into greased 9×9 baking dish. Cook at 350 degrees for about 22-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting + Enjoy!